Latest News About - SARS

 
Show/hide duplicate news articles.
Filter by countryfromabout
<<10<12345678910>>>10
 
Show/hide duplicate news articles.
<<10<12345678910>>>10

Tools

Load latest edition

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

8:34:00 PM CEST

Subscribe
RSS | MAP

Language Selection

For any category/filter, users can choose:

  1. the language of the categorized news items (e.g. fr and de to display only those news items in French and German)
  2. the language of the user interface (e.g. it for Italian)

In Top Stories, the user can display the largest clusters of news items for one language only (e.g. en shows all clusters in English)

Country Selection

Users can choose:

  1. country mentioned in the news item (articles about a country)
  2. country in which the news item was published (articles from a country)

Languages Collapse menu...Expand menu...Open help...

Select your languages

ar
az
be
bg
bs
ca
cs
da
de
el
en
eo
es
et
fa
fi
fr
ga
ha
he
hi
hr
hu
hy
id
is
it
ja
ka
km
ko
ku
lb
lo
lt
lv
mk
mt
nl
no
pap
pl
ps
pt
ro
ru
rw
se
si
sk
sl
sq
sr
sv
sw
ta
th
tr
uk
ur
vi
zh
all
Show additional languagesHide additional languages

Interface:

Most reported countries (24h)

Theme countries

AlertLevel (24h)

Alert level graph

 Previous 14 days average

Alert level:
 high   medium   low

Quotes... Extracted quotes

Malusi Gigaba said: “The financial sector plays a critical role in our country, but this must be enhanced to achieve the aspirations of all South Africans. The joint standing committees on finance and trade and industry have had a number of hearings on the transformation of the financial sector,” External link

citizen Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:35:00 PM CEST

Malusi Gigaba said: “We need to reinvigorate the financial sector charter to ensure all South Africans participate fully in the ownership, management, supply and take-up of financial services. Transforming the financial sector to South Africa better is key, including supporting SMEs and ensuring that financial institutions procure from SMEs and emerging businesses,” External link

citizen Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:35:00 PM CEST

Malusi Gigaba said: “It is well established that a well regulated and resilient financial system is a key foundation of any economy, and reduces the likelihood of claims on taxpayer funds to bail out failing banks and other financial institutions during times of crisis,” “The long-awaited Financial Services Regulation Bill is expected to be passed by the National Council of Provinces today, to ensure the implementation of a comprehensive system for better regulation of the financial sector” External link

citizen Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:35:00 PM CEST

Malusi Gigaba said: “It is well established that a well regulated and resilient financial system is a key foundation of any economy, and reduces the likelihood of claims on taxpayer funds to bail out failing banks and other financial institutions during times of crisis,” “The long awaited Financial Services Regulation Bill is expected to be passed by the National Council of Provinces today, to ensure the implementation of a comprehensive system for better regulation of the financial sector” External link

citizen Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:35:00 PM CEST

Malusi Gigaba said: “We continue to be grateful to South Africans for funding their government through high tax compliance even in these challenging times. Reliable and efficient tax collection is a critical capability for a developing country, and [the SA Revenue Services] Sars is an important asset in this regard,” External link

citizen Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:35:00 PM CEST

Malusi Gigaba said: “Although tax revenues overall under-performed, there was an encouraging increase in corporate income taxes, showing that the economic activity may be starting to accelerate. Tax increases of R28 billion were announced for 2017/18 to consolidate the fiscal position, where the additional value will fall mainly on those with the highest incomes,” External link

citizen Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:35:00 PM CEST

Malusi Gigaba said: “The financial sector plays a critical role in our country, but this must be enhanced to achieve the aspirations of all South Africans. The joint standing committees on finance and trade and industry have had a number of hearings on the transformation of the financial sector,” External link

citizen Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:35:00 PM CEST

Malusi Gigaba said: “We need to reinvigorate the financial sector charter to ensure all South Africans participate fully in the ownership, management, supply and take-up of financial services. Transforming the financial sector to South Africa better is key, including supporting SMEs and ensuring that financial institutions procure from SMEs and emerging businesses,” External link

citizen Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:35:00 PM CEST

Malusi Gigaba said: "We continue to be grateful to South Africans for funding their government through high tax compliance even in these challenging times. Reliable and efficient tax collection is a critical capability for a developing country, and [the SA Revenue Services] Sars is an important asset in this regard," External link

iol Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:35:00 PM CEST

Malusi Gigaba said: "Although tax revenues overall under-performed, there was an encouraging increase in corporate income taxes, showing that the economic activity may be starting to accelerate. Tax increases of R28 billion were announced for 2017/18 to consolidate the fiscal position, where the additional value will fall mainly on those with the highest incomes," External link

iol Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:35:00 PM CEST

Malusi Gigaba said: “The financial sector plays a critical role in our country, but this must be enhanced to achieve the aspirations of all South Africans. The joint standing committees on finance and trade and industry have had a number of hearings on the transformation of the financial sector,” External link

iol Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:35:00 PM CEST

Lawrence Gostin said: "The public has an absolute right to know if there's even a whiff of double-dealing or trading favors," External link

beaumontenterprise Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:28:00 AM CEST

Lawrence Gostin said: "The public has an absolute right to know if there's even a whiff of double-dealing or trading favors," External link

startribune Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:25:00 AM CEST

Peter Piot said: "She can go to any member country, but to go back to a country where there are major human rights violations without an obvious health reason is strange," External link

startribune Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:25:00 AM CEST

Mitchell Warren says: “Both of these organisations were the result of this call in 2000 of a need to change the way the world responded to HIV,” External link

independent-UK Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:23:00 AM CEST

Mitchell Warren says: “At the end of the day, the most important people at the country level were not ministers of health. They’re ministers of finance,” External link

independent-UK Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:23:00 AM CEST

Simon Rushton says: “People have looked at that initial list,” External link

independent-UK Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:23:00 AM CEST

Mitchell Warren says: “The surveillance system and treatments of those Nigerians with Ebola was so rapid that the disease didn’t spread,” “If you look at why, it’s because the health system had been developed and strengthened from the HIV response” External link

independent-UK Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:23:00 AM CEST

Peter Piot says: “One downside is that the security discourse can be misappropriated by those in power and used improperly to justify punitive policies and laws, which are only likely to fuel stigma, fear and spread of disease further,” “The military has a role to play, we just have to think in a considered, nuanced manner about how they can best support civilian-led efforts to contain pandemics” External link

independent-UK Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:23:00 AM CEST

Mitchell Warren says: “For a lot of us working with HIV, some of those pictures were harsh reminders for what it meant to be patient-centred in our care,” “The stigma and culture around disease, around clinical research, is really intense. We need to be sensitive to that” External link

independent-UK Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:23:00 AM CEST

Simon Rushton says: “Aids is slipping down the policy agenda because we’re also now in the long slog phase,” “We know it’s not something that will be solved in the next five to 10 years – it demands a continued commitment for another 20 to 30 years at least. That’s a much less sexy policy sell. Policy makers like problems they can solve during their term” External link

independent-UK Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:23:00 AM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: “I have to call on China to realize the traditional wisdom of Chinese culture, which is that people are won over by goodwill instead of coercion and threats. That is how a big country should present itself to the world,” External link

taipeitimes Sunday, May 21, 2017 7:17:00 PM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: “I’m not very willing to focus criticism on an individual and I believe she must be under great pressure, but I believe that as the most important leader of the WHO she should be able to make judgements and uphold the principle of global health,” External link

taipeitimes Sunday, May 21, 2017 7:17:00 PM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: “Our expectations are high and we believe that the next candidate will do better and we will give them our full support,” “You can’t afford to exclude 23 million people from the global health network” External link

taipeitimes Sunday, May 21, 2017 7:17:00 PM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: “After the SARS pandemic Taiwanese people are highly concerned with the incomplete disease prevention system and the untransparent information channels of mainland China,” External link

taipeitimes Sunday, May 21, 2017 7:17:00 PM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: “I believe that the continuation of such incidents will only show that some parties of the world care more about politics and their own desires than about basic human rights,” External link

taipeitimes Sunday, May 21, 2017 7:17:00 PM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: “I have to call on China to realise the traditional wisdom of Chinese culture, which is that people are won over by goodwill instead of coercion and threats. That is how a big country should present itself to the world,” External link

euronews-en Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:48:00 AM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: “I’m not very willing to focus criticism on an individual and I believe she must be under great pressure but I believe that as the most important leader of the WHO she should be able to make judgements and uphold the principle of global health,” External link

euronews-en Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:48:00 AM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: “Our expectations are high and we believe that the next candidate will do better and we will give them our full support,” “You can’t afford to exclude 23 million people from the global health network” External link

euronews-en Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:48:00 AM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: “After the SARS pandemic Taiwanese people are highly concerned with the incomplete disease prevention system and the untransparent information channels of mainland China,” External link

euronews-en Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:48:00 AM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: “I believe that the continuation of such incidents will only show that some parties of the world care more about politics and their own desires than about basic human rights,” External link

euronews-en Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:48:00 AM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: "I have to call on China to realize the traditional wisdom of Chinese culture, which is that people are won over by goodwill instead of coercion and threats. That is how a big country should present itself to the world," External link

reuters Saturday, May 20, 2017 11:31:00 PM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: "I’m not very willing to focus criticism on an individual and I believe she must be under great pressure but I believe that as the most important leader of the WHO she should be able to make judgments and uphold the principle of global health," External link

reuters Saturday, May 20, 2017 11:31:00 PM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: "Our expectations are high and we believe that the next candidate will do better and we will give them our full support," "You can’t afford to exclude 23 million people from the global health network" External link

reuters Saturday, May 20, 2017 11:31:00 PM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: "After the SARS pandemic Taiwanese people are highly concerned with the incomplete disease prevention system and the untransparent information channels of mainland China," External link

reuters Saturday, May 20, 2017 11:31:00 PM CEST

Chen Shih-chung said: "I believe that the continuation of such incidents will only show that some parties of the world care more about politics and their own desires than about basic human rights," External link

reuters Saturday, May 20, 2017 11:31:00 PM CEST

David Nabarro says: “This is a job I’ve been training for all my life,” External link

dailymaverick Saturday, May 20, 2017 1:55:00 PM CEST

David Nabarro said: “So I’ve moved from being a frontline worker, dealing with a lot of issues, directly with people, to being a policy person on a number of different issues…” External link

dailymaverick Saturday, May 20, 2017 1:55:00 PM CEST

David Heymann dice: “ponen más presión en el saneamiento” External link

tandildiario Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:49:00 PM CEST

David Heymann dice: “la fiebre de Lassa ocurre porque la gente vive en el bosque y lo destruye para labores de agricultura” External link

tandildiario Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:49:00 PM CEST

David Heymann dice: “Muchas veces, los agentes infecciosos viajan en los humanos en su periodo de incubación” External link

tandildiario Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:49:00 PM CEST

David Heymann dice: “Si una infección se queda en lo local, se quema ahí” External link

tandildiario Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:49:00 PM CEST

David Heymann dice: “Tenemos que enfrentar esto, es una realidad” External link

tandildiario Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:49:00 PM CEST

David Heymann asegura: “Pero las redes sociales se han vuelto muy activas... y eso es muy difícil de controlar” External link

tandildiario Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:49:00 PM CEST

Bruno Lina dice: "Se si vogliono testare vaccini o farmaci antivirali, è necessario un modello di primate non umano" External link

247libero Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:44:00 AM CET

Most associated names

Daily number of articles in this category

Trend data not available for this selection.